Wednesday, December 6, 2006

Present and evaluate the problem of evil.

The problem of evil is reconciling a good God with the existence of evil and suffering in the world. An evil thing can only be referred to as a negative form of a good thing. The symbol for the Ying Yang is black and white which makes me believe there is just as much good as bad in the world today. Some people believe that if a being is not totally pure, evil will fill in any gaps in that being's purity. There are potential benefits of suffering in the world. And what about an omnipotent God giving the world any benefits derived from suffering without people having to suffer?
I feel I am so blessed to have a beautiful, talented daughter. She is just as good as she is bad. It seems good or bad is just a matter of perspective. I have a pit bull dog that I find to be sweet and loving, but my neighbors fear him because of all the bad press they have heard about him.
John Hicks, in our text asserts that maybe since humans can’t reach the glory of what Jesus Christ was on this earth as the perfect man, we all are a little “rough around the edges!”
I’ve contemplated just exactly why was it that God had to destroy his earth by having a flood. It was all about how evil earth had become. But didn’t that same God allow angels to have sex with earthlings? Another thing that I always say is, “Isn’t God manic depressive since all that really means is that you have highs and lows?” Also, why is it that God choses to have a favorite people i.e. Israel? Why does God make mistakes if he is supposed to be perfect? My momma sent me away for the dinner table many an evening because of questions like these. She thinks all will be known once you get to heaven. That heaven thing is another thing that really ticks my off too! I guess I just don’t get the motivation!

No comments: